Sunday, April 5, 2009

Travelling Light

Well I’ve just spent the weekend in Cowes on the Isle of Wight. I finally stepped of the red jet ferry from Southampton at about 2215 on Friday evening and made my way up the road to Kate’s place (another engineer with Gurit) who is putting up with me for the week. Unfortunatly I arrived a little lighter than when I left, as well as a pretty poor showing of snacks on the plane, (partly due to equipment failure) my bag never left Helsinki.

They told me at the airport that it should arrive on Saturday afternoon, but after checking today on their online tracking system it seems that it has made it to the UK, but it hasn’t caught up with me as yet. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Yesterday I spent most of the day finding a cheap change of cloths so I at least had something to change into for work on Monday. The running joke being that I have an excuse for wearing jeans to the office. I also managed to grab a random selection of books from a second hand store which will get added to my library back in Pietarsaari, this was a bit of a high as the one book I brought with me I managed to finish all but 6 pages of while in transit.

I also fit in a ride through the local forest with a borrowed mountain bike on the way into Newport to find the change of cloths (although the very boat oriented selection available in Cowes suited me ok, the price tags didn’t). A BBQ finished Saturday quite nicely.
Not much to say about today, went a played Tennis with Kate and was surprised to find that I was not nearly as bad as I remembered being last time I played. Even with my handicaps of inappropriate footwear and no contact lenses.

No comments: