Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thanks Mr Rudd!

I spent most of tonight trying to decide which weekend and if I should go to Austria. Last year at the Moth worlds Doug Culnane offered me a place to crash if I travelled over that way. And I’d been thinking about it for a while. I found out tonight that I may get the May day holiday as I’m in Finland (I need to check this tomorrow) so I decided on that weekend as it meant I could have another day. The flights weren’t cheap, but they never are from here so I figured that I might as well make the most of being here.

After booking the tickets I logged into netbank to check that of a transfer I made yesterday had gone ok. I was surprised to find there was more money there than I expected, but not because the money had bounced. It seems that my share of the economic stimulus package has made it to my bank account (and been spent) in the same day. The amount pretty much exactly matches the flights. I’m sure it will help the Finnish and probably even the Austrian economies, but it’s not going to do too much for Australia. But, I’m sure everyone else will spend theirs inside the country to make up for it!

No comments: