Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wednesday 20th August

I sailed in the Twilight race on one of the Shark’s, the wind was light to start with and then dropped out completely and then started raining. It was good to be on the water but was very happy to get off the water when we were done. The Shark is a bit of a sit down boat. The skipper sits at the bake with the tiller and seat that spans the width of the boat. The crew sit in front of the skipper on another seat that spans the width of the boat. The only time I needed to get up was when we were going downwind and we needed to move the spinnaker pole, but I only did it 20% of the time. We finished in 3 hours and ten minutes and were finally off the water at about 9:30pm (after starting at 6). A drink at the bar and then I drove home to have some dinner before bed. Driving home at 10:30 was the first time I had had to find the switch to turn on the instrument lights in the car.

No comments: