Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More on Finish Food

There are a number of different pre-packaged salad’s you can buy in the supper markets here. There’s one that I’ve found is quite good and I’ve bought it a couple of times now. A few that I’ve tried have been a bit odd though, kind of like the sort of thing you might get when you haven’t been to the shops for a while and you need make something to eat out of everything that remains in the fridge. They all seem to be creamy somehow. The odd one I have this week is called Katkarapu-Ananassalaatti, which I’ve only just translated to find means Shrimp Pineapple Salad. So in it you find Shrimp, Pineapple pieces, a sort of creamy dressing with no distinctive flavour and I think something else which I’m not sure of. The first bit I had I didn’t like at all. But I have a whole tub of the stuff and had some more tonight (while I waited for my Nacho’s to finish cooking) and it was not too bad. Funnily enough it’s kind of like pineapple and cream that has been put in the same esky as the days fishing. It has a very peculiar texture that I’m not going to try to explain.

1 comment:

n4rkla said...

Please don't describe the taste...