Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday 23rd June

Work Started on Monday with being shown my ‘Office’ which consists of a 20” container which is parked inside the Baltic compound. It’s not too bad, it’s got a couple of windows, heaters, desks and chairs. I’ve got some pictures of the boat up on the walls now which make it allot less dull. Hopefully soon I will get a printer/scanner which will make getting things done a little easier. I spent the first half of the week learning about the keel trunk and getting settled into my new role. The keel trunk is very very very complex and I’m very happy that I was not involved until this point. I intend to stay out of it as best I can. My role to date has basically been to chase the guys about where drawings are at. Advise on possibly changes to existing drawings, and discuss issued drawings ensuring understanding. In addition to this I’ve been working out the sequence in which the structure can be installed into the boat as some things will restrict others. Mostly this has kept me busy, but I’m only going to get busier. Most of the evenings were spent with colleagues who were visiting for various reasons, which made for a cheap week.

No comments: