Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday 9th June

After spending 24 hours travelling I arrived in Heathrow to meet the car that had been arranged to take me down to Southampton to meet the Redjet ferry. I think the driver may have been speeding most of the way down as I arrived at the Redjet terminal quite early and was thus in the UK office by 8am. Time enough to have a shower and be ready for work on time. Not the best commute but hopefully I wont be doing it again any time soon.

While on the Island I’ve been staying with a couple of the younger engineers from Work. Matt and his girlfriend are French-Canadian, Katia is French, and Warwick is from Melbourne. So the house is a bit of a mixture. It’s a small place in Cowes (as all the places are), a short walk into town with a number of pubs, sailing shops and a few other essentials. To get to work I have either run (it’s about 6km’s from the house as long as I go the right way (which I didn’t), or walk down to the ferry terminal and catch the Bus the Gurit runs to and from the office.

No comments: