Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Quite Melted

First snow of the year fell on Friday. It started late in the morning with rain that gradually turned more solid. It was pretty windy and by the time I left work on Friday evening the windshield and the drivers side windows were completely covered with a thin layer of snow. After getting in I found the windscreen wipers cleared the screen well, but couldn’t see out the window. I foolishly wound down the window, which did a great job to remove the snow, but it all piled up on the door an when the window bottomed out the snow fell into the car (rookie mistake). As I drove home it continued to fall, and as I turned from the main road (about 1km from home) I noticed that there was actually snow piled up at the edges of the road.

It would seem that the snow had been much better in Jakobstad than in Bosund. Not much, maybe 50mm in spots. It was enough to have some fun in after a Halloween party. It still hasn’t completely melted, and the forecast has a bit more this weekend. Slowly everything will turn white.

No comments: