Monday, November 10, 2008

Farewell to a Friend

Today a close friend of mine passed. We hadn’t known each other that long, and he was only young. But I felt over the past few months we’d become quite close, he’s even helped me cook dinner on a number of occasions.

He’s been looking a bit tired and limp for the past week or so. He’s not from around here so I think that the lack of light and cold finally got to him. I spent the evening tonight saying goodbye.

He was the little guy sitting in the corner. He didn’t stand out greatly and was a bit shy, but he shared himself generously and had great taste. He will be remembered.

At least until I finish the last of the pasta sauce we made tonight.

Goodbye Basil.

1 comment:

Martin said...

This is very clever.

And your spelling is correct, I believe!