Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Vaasa in Daylight

After having visited Vaasa twice now (briefly) it was nice to go and see it in the daylight (perhaps before there is none). It’s a bigger town than Pietarsaarie, roughly 3 times the population, and defiantly seemed to have more shopping to be done, which disappointingly for me was what we spent most of the time there doing (not that I bought anything). I got a lift there with Jonas, a friend of Gabrielle & Mariona (sorry if my spellings are wrong, please correct me) whom I met recently.

We spent a short afternoon wandering around in the stores of Vaasa until they all closed before 5pm, much to the girl’s disappointment. We had a bit of a walk through town and eventually had an early dinner (it was late to Jonas, but he is used to eating at Finnish times). We checked out a local beach and then drove home.

No comments: