Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Decision Time

Well I knew it would be coming, but now its arrived I have less time than I expected to deal with it. After a couple of brief discussions this week it has been established that I have perhaps done too good a job while I have been here.

Baltic would like me to stay for another six months. Gurit has made me an offer to sweeten the deal but stressed that there is no love lost if I choose to head back home as 6 months was the original agreement.

The main part of the sweetener is essentially a month to soak up the Aussie sun before returning to Finland for 5 more months. Which is very appealing, but I’m not convinced that it is enough. I’m not confident that I’ve found enough things to do here to keep me occupied for another six months. Although there may be more things to do when it gets cold (Skiing, visit a Snow Castle, Ice Skating, Ice Climbing, Ice sailing, Snowmobile & Husky safari’s). I have spent much to much time already over here thinking about sailing.

Anyway, I’ve been given till Tuesday to come up with a discussion. At least I have a long weekend to think about it. I’d better get packing so I can enjoy it. Off to Norway tomorrow after work to visit some mates from Uni.

No comments: